January 1, 2021
by Merle Bushkin
Strategically, MedKaz is unique. Differs from all other approaches to medical-record sharing and coordination. Business model is equally unique.
- Gives the patient control of all her records from all her providers, in one place — on a MedKaz minidrive she carries on a keyring or wears. Smooths transition among care providers.
- Is a powerful communication platform. Patient has three options to share her records:
- with her provider in the exam room where care is delivered/prescribed, and costs are incurred. (“Share-With-Clinician”)
- with all providers treating her following a visit with one provider, so they can quickly catch and avoid medical errors and unnecessary visits/tests/procedures before serious harm can occur. (“Share-With-Providers”)
- with anyone else she chooses including loved ones and long-term care staff, to help her better manage her care and follow her doctors’ instructions. (“Share-With-All“)
- Available today. Everyone concerned with care — patients, providers, employers, insurers, government — can enjoy the benefits of coordinated care today:
- improved care quality
- materially lower costs
- changes in the way care is organized, delivered and paid for.
- Is a subscription business model paid for by the patient, her employer, insurer or government; includes financial incentives; all participants — patients, providers, payers — benefit financially.
- Is patented: patent issued.
Functionally, MedKaz Is Convenient. Secure. Powerful. Enabling. Financially Sound.
- Convenient All patient’s records and the application to manage them are on her MedKaz.
- Contains complete notes, not summaries.
- No delays; available anytime patient or her doctors need them. Updated for her.
- Easy to use, no special training required. If you can log onto a computer and perform a search, you can use MedKaz.
- Affordable and usable by all, including the 57 million seniors and low-income earners who are among our heaviest healthcare users but don’t have smartphones.
- Secure Most secure system available.
- HIPAA compliant. Encrypted. Password-controlled to two levels.
- Patient’s records are stored on patient’s MedKaz, not on someone else’s server. Are erased from MedKaz Server when patient, her doctors, family or other designated recipients have downloaded them.
- Powerful All records from all providers are instantly searchable.
- Manages all electronic and paper records, regardless of how they were created or are formatted.
- All documents can be searched; open to first page containing the search term which is highlighted for instant access; click to access subsequent key word listings.
- Records can be shared with doctors, family members, care givers and researchers as documents or structured data.
- Works during power, Internet, ransomware outages, and natural disasters. All that’s needed is a charged computer.
- Enabling Patient owns it. Moves with patient, gives her peace of mind.
- Enables her to understand her issues, recall what her provider told her, know what she’s supposed to do.
- She can correct mistakes; lock individual records for privacy.
- Enables doctors to understand her issues, history and care from all her doctors, coordinate her care, avoid errors and unnecessary visits, tests, procedures.
- Enables family members and care givers to understand her health issues and ensure she follows her doctors’ instructions.
- Financially Sound. Self-financing. Incentivizes everyone.
- Patient subscribes annually to MedKaz and its Update & Support Service.
- Patient or payer (employer, insurer, government) pays.
- Patients save deductibles, copays.
- Payers enjoy lower health insurance costs — ROI can be extraordinary.
- Providers enjoy new income (Paid to upload patients’ records to MedKaz Server, plus payers may pay a premium office-visit reimbursements for using patient’s MedKaz during visit.)