Why do I need MedKaz? I'm healthy and rarely see a doctor.
For you, MedKaz is like an insurance policy. It’s there when you need it. We hope you remain healthy. But when you need care — whether the result of an accident or you contract a disease — is not the time to start assembling your records. Your continued health and even your life may depend upon your physicians having instant access to them. With MedKaz, they do.
Why do I need MedKaz? My doctors have my records.
If you see or have seen doctors in different practices in different cities or multiple hospitals, each has records for you but no one has all your records available in one place. MedKaz solves that problem. Also, MedKaz is the only system where you can read all your doctors’ notes and correct any errors.
Why can't my doctors do what MedKaz does?
Their approach to sharing records doesn’t involve you. It tries to connect all their medical record systems on the “fly” when you require care. This is so complicated that no one can make it work after years of trying.
Our approach focuses on you, the patient. It works today and gives you control of your records. We assemble all your records on your MedKaz and update it any time you see a doctor. When you require care, any doctor can instantly access all your records from all your providers.
How do my records get on my MedKaz?
It’s easy. Your providers are required by law to give copies of your records to you or anyone you designate.
- Getting started: you send your providers our prepopulated Request Records and HIPAA Release forms which instruct them to send copies of your past records to us.
- Ongoing: every time you see a doctor you tell them to send us a copy of their complete notes for your visit. (Our address is on your MedKaz.)
- When we receive your records, we make them electronically searchable and email you when they are ready. You download them to your MedKaz with two clicks!
How much is MedKaz and who pays for it?
MedKaz is an annual subscription service. It includes a MedKaz and our annual Update & Support Service. Today, you pay $99.00 annually (Family and Group Packs are less per MedKaz).
Your expected savings far exceed this cost. In the future, we expect insurers, employers and government to pay — because they save the most money.
Why is MedKaz a minidrive rather than a smartphone app?
Because more than 57 million adult Americans do not have smartphones. They include almost 30 million senior citizens and more than 50 million low income earners (including some seniors) — most of whom are heavy users of healthcare. In contrast, anyone can afford and use MedKaz. (When more own smartphones, we’ll offer MedKaz as a smartphone app.)
Is MedKaz hard to use?
No. If you can log onto a computer, perform a search and read a document in a browser, you can use MedKaz.
Can I read my records on my MedKaz?
Yes. You can log on anytime, read any record, and create addenda to correct any mistakes. You also can learn about any illness mentioned in a note by clicking on Health Links (on your MedKaz) and selecting an information site such as Mayo Clinic or WebMD.
What if I lose my MedKaz or it gets corrupted?
You back up your MedKaz every time you use it. Then, if you lose it or it gets corrupted you simply recover your backed up records to a new MedKaz. Both backup and recovery are easy and fast.
Can my records be breached or stolen? Are they secure?
MedKaz is the most secure system available because we do not store your records. When your records have been downloaded, we erase them from our Server. When they are on your MedKaz, they are encrypted and password controlled.
Can anyone download my records from my MedKaz?
Not without your permission. If your doctor or anyone else wants a copy of a record, you must enter your password before they can download it.
Whom do I contact if I have a problem with my MedKaz?
Email PatientSupport@medkaz.com or call Patient Support at 877 580-4500.
PHYSICIANS & HEALTH SYSTEMS FAQs
We have a very powerful EMR system. Why should we bother with MedKaz?
MedKaz does what your system can’t do regardless of how powerful or state-of-the-art it is or whether it is networked geographically or by vendor. MedKaz gives you access at the point of care to your patients’ complete medical records from all their providers.
- Enables you to deliver better, lower-cost care by avoiding medical errors, unnecessary visits, tests and procedures.
- Saves you time with each patient which you can use to “connect” with them.
- Is a new source of revenue and profits. With MedKaz, a PCP can earn an additional $50 thousand per year. Group practices and hospitals, depending upon their size, can receive several hundred thousand to millions of dollars in additional revenue and profit.
- Most importantly, by making total interoperability possible today, important changes the industry hopes to implement suddenly become possible, including changes in the way care is delivered, organized and paid for — such as corporate clinics for employees, ACOs, and value-based care.
Is this just another fly-by-night system? Here today, gone tomorrow?
On the contrary, it works today with all electronic and paper systems, and it will work tomorrow with whatever systems you or others adopt. It’s the most versatile and probably the easiest system to use that you’ve ever seen.
And because it works with any and all systems, it makes it easy for practices and hospitals using different EMR systems to work together in an ACO or merge. They each can enjoy total interoperability with MedKaz even though their own systems can’t share their patients’ records.
We’re not allowed to plug a minidrive into our computers.
That’s fine. In fact, we recommend you not plug your patient’s Medkaz into your system. Instead, plug it into a standalone PC or Mac (PCs cost less than $400), and use it alongside your charting system. This way, your system can’t be exposed to malicious software; neither can your patient’s MedKaz.
How do I use MedKaz?
When you log on, a current Health Summary and possibly a Referral Request and Complaint Report open in a browser. You scan them quickly to understand your patient’s issues — saving you three to six minutes which you can use to talk with your patient.
- As you examine your patient and have questions about their care from other providers, you can instantly search their MedKaz — without having to flip through multiple screens — and read their other doctors’ notes (you can even download copies for your files).
- When you have finished, you enter your progress notes in your charting system as you normally do. Your assistant uploads a copy to our Server or sends a copy to us to process. (When your EMR system has an API interface with MedKaz, your notes will upload automatically.)
I'm too busy. I don't have time to learn to use MedKaz?
No special training is required! If you can perform a search and read a document in a browser, you’ll manage it easily and so will your patients.
How much will MedKaz cost me or my hospital?
Nothing! Instead of you paying us, we pay you — to upload your patient’s records to our Server (it only takes a minute or so). MedKaz is free to you and requires only a small investment in standalone computers. Your ROI will be outstanding.
Why is MedKaz a minidrive rather than a smartphone app?
Because more than 57 million adult Americans do not have smartphones. They include almost 30 million senior citizens and more than 50 million low income earners (including seniors) — most of whom are heavy users of healthcare. In contrast, anyone can afford and use MedKaz. (When more own smartphones, we’ll offer MedKaz as a smartphone app, too.)
Whom do I contact if I have a problem with patients' MedKaz?
Email ProviderSupport@medkaz.com or call Provider Support at 877 580-4500.
EMPLOYERS, INSURERS, GOVERNMENT FAQs
We’re happy with the wellness benefits we offer. Why add MedKaz?
Because it will directly reduce your health insurance costs and enable your employees/insureds to better manage their own care.
With MedKaz, your employees’ doctors can coordinate their care and avoid costly mistakes and unnecessary visits, tests, procedures. You enjoy the bulk of these savings; your employees/insureds save deductibles and copays.
How much does MedKaz cost?
Purchased by an employer, insurer or government agency, the cost can be as low as $4.00 per participant per month. Purchased by an individual it is $99 per year or $9.00 per month.
This cost is easily recovered when one mistake, visit or unnecessary test is avoided. When procedures such as MRIs and CT Scans, a day in an ICU, or a night in the hospital are avoided, your ROI will be extraordinary.
How does MedKaz work?
When a patient requires care, he gives his MedKaz to his doctor who logs on and reads a current Health Summary and other documents that quickly update her on her patient’s issues.
- As she examines her patient and needs to understand his current and prior care from other doctors, she electronically searches for and reads specific records on his MedKaz.
- Also, if the patient changes any personal information, such his address or employer, we automatically send a copy of the changes to each provider so they can update their records.
What if MedKaz is lost or corrupted?
It’s encrypted so the records are secure. The employee/insured simply recovers their backed-up records to a new MedKaz.
Why would doctors and hospitals support MedKaz?
For three simple reasons.
- It enables them to deliver, better, coordinated, lower-cost care to their patients.
- It can materially increase their income. A typical PCP who dispenses and updates a patient’s MedKaz can take home as much as $50,000 more annually. Hospitals and ACOs, depending upon their size, can earn additional $million annually.
- By enabling doctors to share patients’ records, MedKaz makes possible fundamental changes in the way healthcare is delivered, the delivery system is organized, and providers are paid — including the emergence of retail urgent care centers, ACOs, and value-based care.
Whom do we contact to discuss MedKaz and arrange a demo?
Email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call Customer Service at 877 580-4500.